HybridZ

V3.0 Pin 36 - No Spark

Kraker_Jax

I have the same problem. I don't know if you have to set one of the outputs for spark output or what. Mine was making a constant ground always out of pin 36. I set LED 17 (LED closest to db9 on ms box) as spark output and it was getting the right signal. I jumpered pin 36 to the negative lead on that LED. It gets a good spark and starts right up. but haven't ran it long to see if the board gets hot.

Yeah, it goes from IGN (pin 36) to the other side of the board to the LED d14. The negative lead is closest to db9. I don't know if it will hold up but i did crank my car up and it was hitting right at 10 deg. btdc when i checked it with a timing light. Well my v3 board burnt up today when i was trying to fix my injector problem. It is grounded out somewhere and couldn't every find it and then i fryed a couple of other thing when i accidently touched 2 wires together. Still shows alll the sensors and tach in megatune but does put out ign. or inj. signal anymore. Tired of hunting for the problem so I just ordered another v3 board and parts kit with a couple extra parts so i can try to have 2 working ecu's so i can have a backup .

even though I haven't run a version 3 board, this post over on msefi.com stuck out at me.

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=12543

has anyone tried this board mod that James suggests to get spark working? Sometimes the directions are hard to follow but James knows what will work. I would ask him on the MSnS_extra forum if you guys still have troubles.

The MSnS-E website (megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra) also has directions now posted on how to wire up the non-hei version to drive the coil.

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/setup-msns.html

The IGBT circuit is considered a dumb module so MSnS-E must have dwell control turned on.

If I had my car I'd be working on it as well.....

Mario

Well I finally got the middle LED to come on when MS get's power, but thing is, it always stays on. During cranking it doesn't flicker, nor does it seem to dim. When trying to set the timing, it doesn't turn off at all. It just stays on ALL the time. I'll check for spark, didn't have an extra person to help me out tonight. Anything else someone could help shine the light on what to do?