HybridZ

350 motor tight budget

Guest traub83

If I were you id look into finding an 80's camaro there cheap and some came with 350's and a t5 5 speed tranny... some camaros had the 305 in them also but still eather one would run nice in a Z and you could always add a lil nitrous to it and really start moving thats the easiest/cheapest way to go really.... Do you need a motor to build if so I may be able to help ya ona good small block... if ya need help just PM me..

Guest scarab73
What cars came with a 350 motor? Looking to find a whole car to get a budget z going. Is this the best route? Which came with the manual 5 speed. What is the absolute cheapest way too go?

more cars than you can shake a stick at came with 350's since their introduction in 68, you might want to look for a big car or truck 350 from the early 70's because they have a higher nickel content (a good thing) and the heavy duty blocks have 4 bolt main (also a good thing). as far as your 5 speed thing, 80's camaro/firebird/s10

good luck and GETTER DONE

My 350 came from a 91 GMC G-30 one ton van, with 30k on a rebuilt motor. I purchased it for $550, and removed what I needed. I sold the body for $150 and the 4L80e trans for $500. This gave me my motor, assorted parts, and $100 in my pocket. I gave the aluminum driveshaft to Grumpyvette for one of his projects. Look around, those deals are out there.