HybridZ

Tranny noise

Phyxius

After a few passes at the strip the other night, I've started to notice a lot of gear-whining noise coming from my tranny in every gear. I've checked the gear oil level, and it looks fine. I'm using Lucas Oil synthetic gear oil mixed with Castrol's normal stuff.

So I guess the question is... What is causing this, and is a tranny rebuild in my near future?

Sure it's not the diff? Does it do it when rolling with the clutch pushed in? Pinion bearings commonly whine, that's why I'm asking.

It only does it in gear, and the pitch changes when I shift, so I'm pretty sure it's not the diff. I checked the oil levels in both though, just to be sure.

They were both drained and filled about 2 months ago.

Guest ramseylaz

i am also having problems with my tranny too i have a 3 speed and when i hit about 75 it grinds and makes weird noises, i told my mechanic and he said that it was just because it has a mild transmission that i could rebuild it and it would be fine and driving 75 with the noise wouldnt hurt it,that and say im trying to burn out when i hold the brake down it sounds as if it wants to die then it will catch and burn out, ive tried burning out by just taking off but when i do,it just jerks really hard.can anyone help me?