HybridZ

My Turbo festiva getting close to being done!

ULISES

the exhaust cutout is a pipe that welds into your exhaust with a pipe sticking out at a 45' angle. when you push the button, it will open up that seperate pipe, wich is vented in the air. Hopefully this diagram works. Basicly when you open the valve you have a straight pipe that exits right under the passenger seat.

'''Muffler

''''''l l

''''''' Cutout

''''''''''V/

''''''''''''l l

''''''Engine

Ignore the dashes, they don't help explain anything, they were just used to help center the diagram.

• 3 weeks later...

I got to hear the festiva run for the first time this friday.I will pick it up this week,I have to wait for the battery (special order) and the exhaust cutout.Both item are on the way and should be here by the middle of the week,Hopefully!

I will have a short clip of it running once I get it home.

It feels Great!

fuelrailcovers145.jpg

fuelrailcovers143.jpg

fuelrailcovers142.jpg

That is so dope it hurts.

Whats the reason for using the B6T? Is a direct bolt-in or is it just a solid, small motor with good aftermarket support?

I wonder what one could do with a 4efte.. hehe. 1.3l turbo Toyota engine.. Found in Starlet Glanza's (I beleive). 140hp, good aftermarket (though not in the US). I had looked into one of these for my Paseo when I had it.

I would so do that in a heartbeat.. haha. Things so small its like a tall go kart.

Nice work man, GET VIDS!

That is so dope it hurts.

Whats the reason for using the B6T? Is a direct bolt-in or is it just a solid' date=' small motor with good aftermarket support?

I wonder what one could do with a 4efte.. hehe. 1.3l turbo Toyota engine.. Found in Starlet Glanza's (I beleive). 140hp, good aftermarket (though not in the US). I had looked into one of these for my Paseo when I had it.

I would so do that in a heartbeat.. haha. Things so small its like a tall go kart.

Nice work man, GET VIDS![/quote']

It is a direct fit if you go with the festiva tranny and a costum clutch.I went with the capri tranny,It requires tons of more work.I used the B6T engine cause its a mazda going in a mazda body.So most of the things are close or in the similar place.I also went with this engine cause so many guys are doing this swap now!

Someone is doind the sr20det in his festiva,he is also talking about awd.

Ah ok' date=' Was curious.

That looks great. The FIRST THING you have to do is go embarass some ricers or something. My god what a sleeper..[/quote']

My first race will be vs my brother in his 2002 maxima,With all the bolt ons.

I really like this swap! :2thumbs: The nice thing about it is that it is purposeful and is smog legal. I doubt you'll have any trouble smogging it' date=' especially since most everything is stock. Good job!

Davy[/quote']

Its going to be a race car!

Guest bastaad525

heh see I'm not the only one. Glad to see so many guys here are into the TOTAL sleepers like this.

I am so seriously pondering doing this swap myself and have actually checked a few local ads for Festivas... my wife is SO gonna kill me I think.

heh see I'm not the only one. Glad to see so many guys here are into the TOTAL sleepers like this.

I am so seriously pondering doing this swap myself and have actually checked a few local ads for Festivas... my wife is SO gonna kill me I think.

I should be going to L.A. on Thanksgiving,I don't know if i'm going to take the festiva.Since it's going out this week and I have to drive it around town first.I do have more than a week to test it though.Anyways if i take it,I will send you a p.m. to see if you have time and want to meet.

I say go for it!

Guest bastaad525

hell yeah if you're in the area during the holiday weekend let me know I would love to come see your car!!!

My wife will like it too because she actually had a festiva for a while, same like yours white with the red pinstripes... she's gonna think it's funny to see that with a turbo motor :D

She's getting very PO'd at me though that now I want to do the same swap :P

I guess since I still have my hybrid Z and now the SRT-4 there's probably no project cars in my near future but if I sell the Z than we shall see!