HybridZ

Got a VR6!!!

Guest ON3GO

I Got a VR6 the other day for my MK1 VW Rabbit.

all for the great cost of free.

it takes custom pretty much everything to fit in the Rabbit but its gonna be a pretty beastly swap.

not 100% sure if ill do it soon or wait on it, i sorta am way busy with my Z and my work for customers.

anyways just wanted to share to happiness!

gonna bring the engine down to bare block and see whats up, the shop i got it from said it ran fine and etc. its a 1999 VR6 from GTI golf.

mike

I Got a VR6 the other day for my MK1 VW Rabbit.

all for the great cost of free.

it takes custom pretty much everything to fit in the Rabbit but its gonna be a pretty beastly swap.

not 100% sure if ill do it soon or wait on it' date=' i sorta am way busy with my Z and my work for customers.

anyways just wanted to share to happiness!

gonna bring the engine down to bare block and see whats up, the shop i got it from said it ran fine and etc. its a 1999 VR6 from GTI golf.

mike[/quote']

That's a very cool Hybrid IMO. The MK1 should haul with that motor in there. Is your suspension upgraded or still stock?? I have some VW & Porsche Magazines from years ago that documented such a swap, but maybe it's old hat by now. Very cool articles as I remember them.

Davy