HybridZ

New Timeslip!

evildky

so I went to the drag strip saturday, my set up is pretty basic, junkyard motor/turbo extra boost and fuel, 2.5" crush bent exhaust,

previously I had run a 13.010 @ 107.75 with drag radials about 24" diameter on a 1.9 60' at 9 psi,

since then I added megasquirtnspark, FMIC, DSM injectors and upped it to 15 psi on some 26" drag slicks, this time my best was a 12.814 @ 106.64 with a 1.7 60',

I understand the tires giving the better hook and 60' and the I/C and piping causing a bit more lag on the bottom end but the topend is quite a bit stronger and the drop in trap speed just baffels me I'd think the larger lighter tired would yield a better trap speed, any of you hardcore drag racers got some insight?

15psi with slicks, w/ a standalone and only a 12.8?

is it very very mild tune?

this in a 280zx or S30 Z?

still congrats on the new best time, i think you have Plenty more room to go..

i would mess with your fuel setting.

whats your a/f ratio at?

mike

Well that was a good time for 9 psi and no IC, then the extra boost and the upgrades should had yielded some really big gains, at least in the mph department. And I don't think atmospheric conditions would be that bad to not see gains in HP from all the upgrades. So, I think you have some problems there (as you already know).

I see that you are using ignition control. How much timing are you using?

How is the clutch doing?

Maybe it is time for a little data logging with a wide band 02.

Are you measuring boost on the manifold (after the IC) or on the turbo?

Gear ratio changes, or in your case, tire height changes, don't effect the trap speed that much. Gear changes effect et's much more dramatically.

In a 2350 lb car (car plus driver) with a L28 and 15 psi of boost, I would expect 115 mph in the 1/4 mile.

Could be ignition timing, fuel ratio, clutch slippage, or boost leakage (to name a few). I know that this is a bunch stuff and is no help what-so-ever. But good luck finding the problem.

Guest bastaad525

I think I over estimated the expected 1/4 mile mph. I'm thinking you should do 111 or 112 mph with 15 psi and a 2350lb car. That assumes about 250hp. So you are about 5 mph short or about 25 hp. But, of course I could be completely wrong.