HybridZ

Man Sues After Using Glue-Covered Toilet

Zhadman

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051103/ap_on_fe_st/toilet_seat_lawsuit

BOULDER, Colo. - Home Depot was sued by a shopper who claims he got stuck to a restroom toilet seat because a prankster had smeared it with glue.

Bob Dougherty, 57, accused employees of ignoring his cries for help for about 15 minutes because they thought he was kidding.

"They left me there, going through all that stress," Dougherty told The (Boulder) Daily Camera. "They just let me rot."

The lawsuit, filed Friday, said Dougherty was recovering from heart bypass surgery and thought he was having a heart attack when he got stuck at the Louisville store on the day before Halloween 2003. A store employee who heard him calling for help informed the head clerk by radio, but the head clerk "believed it to be a hoax," the lawsuit said.

Home Depot spokeswoman Kathryn Gallagher said she could not comment on pending litigation.

The lawsuit said store officials called for an ambulance after about 15 minutes. Paramedics unbolted the toilet seat, and as they wheeled the "frightened and humiliated" Dougherty out of the store, he passed out.

The lawsuit said the toilet seat separated from his skin, leaving abrasions.

"This is not Home Depot's fault," he said. "But I am blaming them for letting me hang in there and just ignoring me."

HAHAHAHAHAAH

Of course this does further erode the already moth eaten fabric of our legal system. Its amazing something like could even get to court. Its also amazing of course, that someone is so deeply and truley a yuppie twit that 15 minutes alone in a bathroom causes "Stress" to the point they lose consciousness (sp?) and honestly feel they have suffered enough to warrant damages being paid.

Another thing though.. Who the hell doesnt check the toilet seat in a public place before sitting down? I dont mean scour it for glue.. I mean scour it for potential **** smears.

When I was on vacation in California we went to Magic Mountain and got stuck on the Riddler ride for about 10-15min. The guy in front of us was claustrophobic (I don't know why he was thee in the first place.) and was freaking out the whole time and they didn't do a damn thing about it. He ended up colapsing when we got off the ride. It's strange watching someone freak out. I would assume the guy on the can freaked too.

I was just pist my groin was being smashed.

Why didn't the guy rip the seat off himself? If my *** was stuck I'd tear ir off no problem.

Isk

i saw an interview with this guy about 11am CST on MSNBC.

he's such a pansy, he keep saying "i just want my life back"

WELL IT AIN'T HAPPENING NOW FOR SURE!

His lawyer said the guy was a vietnam vet who has post tramatic stress disorder and that's why he passed out. the lawyer also said he devoloped diabetes from the stress of it all. They are seeking $3million.

I got news for the guy, $3mil wont cure diabetes, and his life wont ever be the same.

Oh an suppossedly the incident happened 2 years ago

HAHAHAHAHAAH

Its also amazing of course' date=' that someone is so deeply and truley a yuppie twit that 15 minutes alone in a bathroom causes "Stress" to the point they lose consciousness (sp?) and honestly feel they have suffered enough to warrant damages being paid.[/quote']

Another thing though.. Who the hell doesnt check the toilet seat in a public place before sitting down? I dont mean scour it for glue.. I mean scour it for potential **** smears.

HA HA HAHAhhahah hahh.

Maybe the culprit was like many a homeowner and tried to use clear silicone to fix it!

[edit] BTW, how do you do a double quote?

"It's not about the money. I want my health back. I want to be back to normal," Dougherty said. "I want to make sure this doesn't happen to anybody ever, ever again."

Which was immediately prefaced by:

The lawsuit claims he suffered pain, humiliation and financial loss. It seeks $3 million.

Nope... definately not about the money... absolutely not...I mean how could anyone POSSIBLY believe this is about the money?