HybridZ

Should my transmission tunnel be "glued" in?

I did a search through images but couldnt find a suitable picture of a transmission tunnel that was stripped to act as a comparison peice.

I'm just asking this out of curiosity.. It seems at some point in my Z's life it was wrecked. As I dig deeper into it I'm noticing alot of seams in the car on the drivers side looked a little beat up.. Looks like someone beat them back into place. Some repaired damage in the front of the frame as well. Couple other places.. etc etc. Basicly it took a pretty nasty hit at some point and was repaired. It really seems they did a very good job though.. So I hold out hope the frame is straight and car isnt tweaked. Given my history with this particular car and the whole RHD/Fairlady thing I'm going ahead with this project regardless..

But, I'm rambling.

Below is a pic.. the little red lines Ive so expertly drawn on mark the areas where the tunnel seams are. The tunnel seems to be layed over and some type of glue/sealer is used with a few tack welds to mate it all together.

Again, this is just from a curiosity standpoint.. Is it supposed to be this way or is this a result of repair at some point?

CabPrime2.jpg