HybridZ

1tuffz update #1

thought i should give an update on my ls1 swap. pulled the good ole supercharged six to make room for the ls1. knocked off the tranny mounts give it some paint and massaged the trans tunnel to fit the 6 speed. put in john's cars eng mounts but had been sent wrong tranny mount [should be here soon]. ordered autometer pro comp gauges-now mated to original bezels and mounting apparatus. essentially they now mount to stock tabs in dash, making the install easy. ls1 has been in 3 times now and will come out once more to clean up the eng bay. custom aluminumin rad in with stock f-body elec fans mounted-fits perfect and looks great-uses stock trans am upper & lower rad hoses, intake complete, mounted the iat in the air filter housing-based on my local f-body expert who is also tuning the car. using stock f-body throttle cable, small clevis to end of gas pedal and an adj piece that attaches to the throttle body. been identifying which wires, hoses etc. can go/stay. adapted a plastic 280z glovebox to my 240 [got rid of the old cardboard and will mount the pcm behind it. alternator/serpentine belt problem solved by machining the bolt heads flush and countersinking the alt mount and new stainless bushings. i'll post a pic soon. much more to do, clutch slave & master, tranny mount, exhaust, finish mounting gauges, order wire harness, pull engine & put in again once eng bay cleaned, replace pedal box, remount dashboard, heater control panel, console, install brake master & booster, reroute brake lines, run fuel lines, install 280z fuel tank. i'm certain there's more...[some pics posted, more as i move along].