HybridZ

Turbo LS1 FD

So, at least it will be done right and by people who have performed the swap numerous times before....But if you can't fork the money then so be it. You'll be busting your hands up on it in your front drive way lol. Not I though.

Have you forgoten what website you are posting on? :bonk::D

Guest BoostedZ350

Yeah, I got owned big time huh...sure. But back to the whole point. When he started stumbling on how to do and price of the swap I simply told him where to start. If you want it done right go to Hinson, that's why they have one in the low 8's in the 1/4 cause they don't know what they are talking about...right.

...they have one in the low 8's in the 1/4 cause they don't know what they are talking about...right.

They possibly have one in the low eights, because they have a lot of money to spend on the engine and chassis. How hard can it be to buy a kit and install a stock LS1 and transmission yourself? It's been done quite a few times, even by a few members here, plus there are websites to help you along the way should you have any problems. Some people like to do these things themselves and get the experience.

Guest BoostedZ350

I agree completely, just didn't care to much for the smartass comment from the other member....I wasn't referring to you. But I agree with your point. I was just seeing the topic poster asking a question about the swap. So I lending a hand. No big deal, good luck with it if he does go through with it, and sweet *** ride with the turbo to boot.

Let's keep it civil guys or I'll just start deleting posts from the offending members... Not gonna let a few spoil this thread... to nice a car for that...

And I'll echo what Matt stated... Some guys like to do it themselves... Bottom line is everyone I know that has done a swap will "qoute" a price in the beginning, guestimating the cost of a swap, and in the end come out WAY over budget. Sometimes it is better to just PAY THE MAN and get it done right, and quicker. Sometimes not. The choice is individual and personal for financial or other reasons. Let's leave it at that, shall we?

Mike :cool:

Guest BoostedZ350
Hinson does not have a car that even comes close to running low-8s.

Check your homework again, cause I can pull links out the *** that do prove they have one in the 8's. They have a shop car called the "H7" that is a Twin Turbo LS-1 swapped FD Rx-7. The car dynos over 800hp, and ran in the 9.50's the first time it ever hit the track. Now do you still want to argue with me, OFF TOPIC< But I'll bump once again for a nice car. I am just not going sit here and be called a liar. Peace you have been how do you say OWNED

Go tell the guys here that Hinson hasn't ran mid 8's in the 1/4 mile. Hell Hinson is even a site sponshor there.

http://www.torquecentral.com

Scary car.. Very scary. Next to the Z the RX7's are some of my favorites (all gens). That ones a monster.

Oh,

Some folks enjoy doing the work themselves. If you have experience and know what you'r doing I dont see any reason you'd have to take it to a shop to have it done, unless you didnt have the time.

Dont get me wrong, the shop could turn the car around alot faster than an individual could, but for one ****-ton more money. And you lose the satisfaction of knowing you did the work, not your wallet. If the person is skilled, patient and has the finances theres no reason they cant accomplish the same level of quality that a shop could. Of course, alot of poeple arent patient or skilled and that doesnt stop them - when it probably should. Myself being a fine example.

NOthing wrong with taking your car to someone to have the work done - but dont knock those of us who enjoy doing it ourselves. Theres some DIY's here that put alot of profesional shop work to shame.

Guest BoostedZ350
BoostedZ350' date=' Take the attitude elsewhere man... You need to tone it down... Especially for a member with 23 posts... We're not like those "other" sites.

Mike[/quote']

I'll play nice I promise lol:willy_nil