HybridZ

Bob Sharp IMSA Kit

ZHeadV8

Hi Guys,

I have been fortunate enough to find and buy an original and brand new body shell that has sat on blocks in a barn since 1991 - chassis number RLS30 - 00017

This shell was originally a spare shell shipped to Bob Sharp Racing but was never used. Apparently it was sold to a guy in New York then sold to the guy in the UK that I bought it from...... here's the rub....

It would only seem right and fitting to build a BSR replica bearing in mind the car's low chassis number and history but I have searched and searched and cannot find an IMSA style BSR kit. I have pictures of the Bob Sharp IMSA car (stunning) owned by Dr Allan Robbins who is not interested in helping because he sees the potential replica as a fake (fair comment but just his view).

Can anyone point me at a Bob Sharp IMSA replica kit please ???? I have used the search function to death and no one seems to know where there is one available. Will work out how to post the pics

The current rear flares seem to be the same ones used by Don Devendorfs IMSA car. Those ended up on the white street car pictured. Some of the earlier shots of the BSR car show a different shape. I don't know if this is the same car. I would find the best pics I could find and use some of those great English restoration businesses to fab up some close replicas. You could always do a Big Sam replica. Good luck and great find on the early chassis.

bsrIMSA.jpg

imsa2.jpg

Mid-Ohio-1977-08-28-033.jpg

Mid-Ohio-1974-06-30-033.jpg

bigsamsilverstone-18.jpg

You could always do a Big Sam replica. Good luck and great find on the early chassis. QUOTE]

Thanks - will keep looking. I know exactly what I am after but cannot find the moulds :-( The shape I am after is the Camel IMSA style.

Big Sam is currently owned by Nick Howell in Penzance in Cornwall, UK - coincidentally I have just bought the Samuri Conversions company. The company is not trading but is on the shelf ready to come out when the time is right. I am currently having the first Samuri for a very long time built.