HybridZ

Not a supra convert yet....

ZR8ED

hehehe.

Took a 1982 MKII Toyota Supra GTS for a romp today at a local used car dealership.... It wasn't quite stock..

Looked stock till you looked under the hood. It had an inline six twincam motor, with a HKS turbo kit and IC strapped on. :eek:

Pulled up along a new Z06 Vette at a light that had a lane reduction after the light +400ft. I wanted to race..figured the vette guy would not go. Light goes green.. I pull away 1/2 throttle, vette sees this.. then matches my speed.. pulls along side and floors it just as I do. We are now door to door and running out of lane. He finally started to pull away @90mph. Yea I lost..but I bet the Z06 owner was pulling his hair out at having an old supra hang on his $70K vette.

shocked the heck out of me. I didn't think it was THAT fast.

I wanted to run home and grab the 280 and run this dude again.

First time at bat with a vette, and I'm test driving another car..DOH bonk.gif

On a side note.. went to a supra meet 2 weeks ago.. racked up 18 kills in less than 1/2 hour. hehehehe

I'm surprised these toyota guys still welcome me and my little VG 280 to their meets. All nice guys though.

The dealer had a sign on it for $6400.00 The online ad was reduced to $4500.00. and after some haggling got him to admit he would take $3500.00 for it..

No I'm not going to buy it. Can you imagine 3500.00 invested in my turbo engine instead? :eek:

Nice car though.

• 2 weeks later...