HybridZ

What do you think this is worth..

MusPuppis

Really struggeling with a decision I have to make.. I'm thinking of selling my F-150. School is approaching and its just not practical to keep the truck.. It was my Grandfathers truck originally. My Mom for it when he died and she destroyed the transmission and engine in short order. I got it from her after she blew it up. I replaced the transmission with another stocker but for the engine I opted for a 5.0 HO out of a Mustang. Lightly modded.

I'm just curious as to what you folks think I could potentially get for the truck if I decided to sell.. I dont really want to, but I dont need a 14mpg truck with a 20 mile per day commute to and from school + coming back to Lexington on weekends, a trip about 80 miles each way.

I know that the value of non-stock vehicles sways greatly and is really hard to nail down, but an idea on what I could expect would be appreciated.

Lemme list the good and bad and link some pictures.

'94 F-150 XLT. 2wd, Auto. Long bed. 115k on the body, about 6k on the motor. I dont drive much.

Truck drives extremely well. Shifts well, turns tight, good alignment. Mechanically its in excellent shape.

Body -

Almost perfect body. Three small dings (smaller than golf-ball size) on bottom of the driver side door.

Paint is very good. Still glossy as hell. No fade. Some scratchs on the hood.

Chrome is good

Bumpers are straight

Never wrecked or hit at all

Plastic Bedliner

Engine -

5.0 HO out of a '92 Mustang

.30 over

Keith Black Pistons

Port n' Polished stock E7 heads

Total-Seal Piston Rings

Cheapy CAI

Cruise is NOT hooked up. I have the cable but the bracket I made to adapt the trucks cable to the Mustang TB doesnt hold the cruise cable

Interior -

Carpet is stained. Ive cleaned it to death but its stained to hell

Interior is re-done in black. All panels have been painted with Duplicolor INterior Paint. Done right.

Seats are in good condition. Not brand-new but no rips, no fading.

Dash and gauges are fine. Temp gauge does not work, I disconnected it and ran an aftermarket gauge.

Small aftermarket tach I bought and installed when I first got the truck runnnig. I had an idle jump and wanted a proper indicator of how far it was jumping and just how high it idled.

All glass is perfect.

A/C is not filled, but works fine. Good and cold.

Heat will cook you in your skin if you want it to.

Misc -

Front gas tank has been removed. Pump went out and I had no need of it anyway. The pump going bad was causing gas from the rear tank to leak into the front when it was running.. So I simply removed the front tank since spending 150$ on a fuel pump for something I didnt use seemed foolish.

752497_13.jpg

752497_1.jpg

752497_3.jpg

752497_6.jpg

752497_12.jpg

752497_7.jpg

I know it holds more sentimental (sp) value to you but it looks like a LWB truck which is does not command top dollar, so swallow the lump in your throat and get ready to give it away.

As a guage I just sold my 2002 Dodge Ram Sport quad cab, Red w/leather, Rancho 4" lift, in cab air adjustable shocks, American Eagle wheels with 35" tires and 33K miles sold for 16.5K gave it away but at 9-12 MPG seeeee ya.

So what would I pay if I was in the market for your truck? It's 11 years old, non current body style, its been modified, interiors been dyed etc expect about $2500 to $3000 just my shot in the dark.

Thanks folks.

If I could pull 3500$ for it I'd be thrilled.

But, in an effort to kick me in the ***, the truck - which has driven flawlessly for so long, showed TWO problems last night Its never showed before.. Some electrical issue-

Volts read low, lights dim, oil pressure gauge has a seizure at low RPM/Low load.. as soon as the engine is under load, like power braking or harder acceleration, everything is fine. Lights get brighter, oil pressure guage reads properly.. One I level off and start cruising, same problem. I'm confused on that one.

And, Some issue with the friggen transmission! I have a kina "clunk" when taking off from a dead stop. Did some looking and it appears the sound is coming from the bellhousing. Some fluid also spurts out when at high RPM's, under load or not. I did some power-brake testing to put the engine under load and let off.. I have a clunk when I release and the RPM's drop for a second like the truck's trying to die. One made a kind of grinding noise and it did infact die. Its also EXTREMELY sluggish from about 0-15mph. Once I get moving it jerks you back a little bit and really moves, but from a dead stop it feels like its got no balls.

T/C? Pump? BAH.

So, I think someones telling me not to sell it, lol.

actually souds like a bad alternator to me, when you rev it(engine braking) the alternator spins faster, so it will charge the battery easier and everything lights up fine.

If its bad, then at at low speeds(low rpms) then its not being revved so everything is dim, and its getting a bad spark from the coil, becuz of a low battery. IDK what the fluid this is about though.

I know that the first part is true, but i think i was talking out my *** the second part, but it was worth a try.

I think u need a new alternator.

I thought that to, but if I rev the engine sitting park or nuetral nothing changes. The lights stay dim, oil pressure gauge stays pegged, etc.. But if I put the engine under load while revving, everything works perfectly.

Like, if I sit in park and rev the engine to 5k RPM's, I get no change in the symptoms - if I brake the truck and rev to 1.5k, everything starts working correctly again, lol.

I am gonna get the alt and battery tested though.

Maybe Im just stupid, but this is a weird problem.