HybridZ

Wolf in sheeps clothing.

ZR8ED

Hanging out at the local coffee shop again last night. More nice iron. Supercharged SVT's Blown Novas, tubbed camaros, classic mustangs, Hondas, Acuras.. and my buddies supra, and myself in my 280Z.

Beat down a modded firebird on the way there.. The guy could not believe it.. I didn't just beat him, I buried the man!! With the boost turned up now, I can spin my sticky Victoracer tires, as I was blowing his doors off. I could hardly believe it.. this car is insane!

Like Scottie MiZ my BOV must be scaring off people.. most guys so far have backed down after reving me. hehehe

Anyways here is why I'm posting.

Came across a wolf in sheeps clothing last night.. the cold air intake over the roof of this Fiero was a warning of things to come. He knew my car was a 240Z...(280Z actually, but close enough) He was heading in the other direction. He u turned and followed me. Hoping for a quick kill. hehehe

We were cruising on the outskirts of town on a road that forked and went from 4 lanes to 6 and became one way streets. 3 in each direction. We toyed a bit, just as the road opens to 3 lanes and floored it. It is a 50kph zone with a nasty S curve at the start. We blast through the s at triple digit speeds, I hesitated slightly (didn't want to kill myself) and followed just behind him and to the inside. Man do Fieros ever handle well.!!

We line up at a empty light.(a lamo in a wide tired Cutlass catches up and lines up in the far lane..hehe) The dude in the Fiero was impressed with me staying with him through the curves. We line up and start reving. light goes green and we both light the tires.. too much wheelspin for me though, and we are off. Bam 1st gear, (cutlass is way behind) wind out 3rd and this fiero is right beside me.

We cruise together for a bit as we enter the town, and as we leave the town, we race 2 more times, same results.. even do a 3rd gear rolling start.. both of us spinning our tires. I could not believe how fast this Fiero was!!

He said he was running a 3.8L v6 with a turbo (GN?) don't know. very fast. he said he thought he was just going to beat me bad. So it turns out we were both wolves in sheeps clothing prowling last night.

I was still over boosting last night, so I had to feather the throttle all night to keep the boost around 15-17psi. Not too bad. I figure if I could have floored it, and speed shifted, I would have beat him. We were side by side everytime..he could get his door past my hood when I shifted, that was the best he could do.

I have not launched the car that hard with my lsd this year.. So I need some practice on my launch, but not as bad as last year... (no bogs)

I was amazed at how quick I was in 3rd gear... Just raw power. I have to be running extreme low 5's or lower 0-60mph. seat of the pants tells me the car is huge amounts quicker than before when I ran high 5's 0-60.

I can't wait for the new motor. bonk.gif

Who ever said boost isn't an addictive drug was a down right lier. twak.gif

I think I'm going crazy! 2thumbs.gif

You know one of the problems with the fiero was GM never wanted to put money into it. They took the entire front end from a Citation for God's sake. How in the hell can anything based upon a Citation suspension handle well?

Not trying to be critical, just want to know.

I thought they took the front suspension from the Chevette. We all know how successful THAT car was. puke.gif The only nice (if you can call it that) Fiero GT was the last year in 88 with the V-6. But true to GM's nature, the moment they get it right they stop production. ugg.gif

How do you make a Fiero handle? In 1988 GM finally gave the Fiero suspension that was designed for the car, not out of the parts bin. The old cars were unpredictable and dangerous if you pushed them.

Considering the way you explained taking that turn I'd say it must've been an '88, otherwise it would've been flipping end over end.... :eek::eek::eek:

Heavy Z

Guest Anonymous

I heard they spent millions on a Lotus suspension for the last year and began to have a performance car.Then just dump it! The Fiero has replaced the Volkswagon pan as a platform for kitcars. I understand the Cadillac Northstar V8 is quite a combination in a Fiero

Got some more details on this car today. (from guy who built it.

I heard the guy wrong.. he meant supercharger.

It has a late model Grand Prix GTP 3.8L supercharged engine with some port and polish work,mild mods and some boost.

They are 240hp stock.

Serious Fiero indeed.

Scott.