HybridZ

Fuel delivery problem to SU's?

Guest cj71z

Hey guys I have a question, I've been having trouble with wandering idle and bogging at highway speeds. I checked both floats and they're shutting off at 1/8 from bowl lid. I ran my car at 3k for 15 seconds and immediately shut her off and checked fuel level in float bowls. Front was around 29mm and rear was around 27.5mm from top of float bowls. Seems like 1.5mm should'nt be much of a problem. So I put it back together and run the test again. Run at 3k for 15 seconds, this time I let it return to idle. Car ran fine at first, then back carb started to run real rich. I tapped the fuel inlet near the needle valve with a screwdriver and popped the throttle and she returned to idle. I'm thinking stuck needle valve, but I just bought a new set from Z-Therapy. So I run another test to determine volume being delivered to each carb through the fuel rail. I removed each fuel line and let them run into a cup while cranking the car. The rear carb had double the volume of the front repeatedly. So maybe my fuel rail is clogged. I get out the compressor and blow out the lines, put it all back together and this is still happening. Anyone have any ideas? I've done some searching and couldn't find anything conclusive. Thanks for your help.