HybridZ

LS1 low fuel pressure causing lean problems?

I'm running a walbro 255 with the corvette filter/regulator but only getting 55lbs at the fuel rail at idle dropping to 50 when I blip the throttle hard.

I've been experiencing some lean backfires and flatspots/hesitation in the mid throttle and am wondering if it's because of the fuel pressure.

All the numbers I've seen on LS1Tech are 60lbs at idle and 58 under hard load.

If this is the case could my drop in pressure be enough to cause the issue?

Is the corvette non-adjustable regulator a bad idea?

Thanks for any advice.

Steve

I run 58 using an adjustable regulator. I had this same problem and it was crap in the gas tank clogging up my tiny Earls fuel filter at the rail. I put on a much larger paper based fuel filter and solved the problem. I also run a filter before the pump but it is a screen type filter I got from Speed Inc to protect the walbro 255.

Just cleaned out everything last night and took a spin but still have the issue.

I'm running an earl filter (which I cleaned out last night) before the pump and the regulator/filter after.

Filter had crap in it from the foam in the fuel cell but it looked like it was flowing.

I cleaned everything out and it's still 55 at idle and dropping.

I'm going to order an adjustable regulator today and pull the vette one.

Thanks for the input

Steve