HybridZ

LS1 progress pic

After a few months I finally got the LS1 in the car. I've made all the new measurements of the driveline and everything line up perfectly with the old driveline. The steering shaft clears the header and C5 mounts. The EFI wiring harness is route thru the fire wall right behind the engine and will be hidden. The Griffin radiator is temporarily mounted and I have the intake duct problem solved. I am waiting for the fan to arrive so I can build a SS fan shroud for it. I am also waiting for the electric water pump from Summit. Next will be the fuel cell installation and a new fuel line running up on the driver side frame rail. I got a lot done but still have many more to go. Will keep the updates coming.

2079260_93_full.jpg

If you want to see more pictures you can go to the web site in my Sig

Bartman,

I made a few returns on some small vendors and they always charged me for restocking fees. Therefore for just a bit more money I rather have a piece of mine buying from a big name vendor like Summit. Also Summit doesn't charge you for the item until you've received it.

I really like the way the radiator leaning back. This IMO will be good for the motor. The fan will suck the hot air and blow it down instead of right into the motor.

Mark,

Thanks, I am trying to document everything I do but it will be too much. I actually deleted some of the trial and error processes that I did from the web site and just show the end results with pictures.

I bought the tranny mount from Quik240Z (David). I believe he bought it from JTR. This mount will be bolt to the floor instead of the rails. I will weld a plate to the floor where the mount will bolt to to strengthen it.