HybridZ

carpet woes

Tri-Star

(I have a 74 260)

I need some carpet. VB has the most options from what i've seen...

In order of Best design/look is:

Molded "75-76"----260, 280---84-430 $350(they don't have molded for 74 )

Deluxe "74"--------260--------84-301 $280

Standard "74"-----260--------84-401 (Funky)

Cut & Sewn "74"---260--------84-413 (Crap)

This is going by the pictures in the catalog for top two, but the pictures are for 77-78. The only reason I like the molded over the deluxe is well it looks more molded...duh it fits over the tranny tunnel and the back pieces look like they would fit snug. The deluxe not as much looks only semi fitted. So if I decide to go with the molded the big question is will the 75-76 fit my 74? All the other codes for the carpets have the 74 being the same as the 72-73 but different from the 75. Dose that mean there is a big difference? Or did they just decide to split it up like that?

if you know anything about the carpets or something better let me know plz

im not sure witch model i have though...it only came with 1 bumper (rear). im not sure witch bumper it is tho its not as bulky s the 280 but not as skinny as the 240 but im about to go look at a bunch of pics to make sure. i have a fealing its the late 260 tho due to the fact the seats have much room (wider tranny tunnel). it came pretty much a shell so is there any other ways to figure witch one it is?

The last 3 numbers are is the date it left the factory. Obviouslly it says june 74, but it could of been sold as a 75 model. does the area behind where the seats are have anything that would look like it was a storage area. If it does then its probably a 240z, I know 240z had that but not sure about the 260z.

on the little plate by the drivers door it sais:

R-LS30-037820 6/74

how un helpfull its mid year...uhh WTH lol

Mine was built in 7/74, but it's actually no help since the factory shipped out both styles from June to August. But you said that the bumber is smaller than the 280Z so it's probably an early model. BTW I have also have the 2 "tool" bins behind the chairs.

How about posting a pic of the bumber?