HybridZ

Stock Dizzy ign control ?

Nismo280zEd

Ok now I am confused!!

I thought that the Turbo distributors 82-83 had the VR output (CAS) built in the the distributor with no advance system.

I know the 81 had a Crank sensor better known as a CAS and a dummy dist.

Where as the earlier dist had a 6 pickup magnetic sensor output and a mechanical and vaccumm advance.

So the dist that you need to use is the turbo dist from 82 or 83 not the earlier ones??

Am I off here or not.

HB280ZT

You are just confused on the definitions, it is easy to do

CAS = crank angle sensor or maybe cam angle sensor to some?

VR = variable reluctor ( steel star magnet, look in the bottom of a GM HEI dizzy)This would be like a 77 or so 280z dizzy

Optical = optical sensor like 82,83 280zx turbo (uses a wheel with slots that cuts the light beam) This is a very accurate trigger, the same mechanism is used in industrial robotics to postion robot arms.

Hall sensor = Flying magnet (magnets glued on crank or somewhere, similar to VR)

Correct me on the definitions because I haven't researched to give a good answer on Hall vs VR

OK, now I am straight on that part.

On my MS1 V3 build if I want to use the 82 turbo dist what setup would I have to enable on the board??

I think I already set it up for the VR/Hall but that can be changed if needs be.

I am looking to use both spark and fuel on the engine setup.

Thanks for the help.

HB280ZT