HybridZ

lm7 wiring vs. ls1 wiring

hey guys, as i mentioned before i just got my 5.3l lm7 engine. i havent yet got a wiring harness but was looking at this:

http://members.tripod.com/~grannys/3LS18.html

is the wiring for the lm7 similar, like are the colors of the wires the same. i really would like to do the wiring myself instead for payine 700+ for a stand alone harness.

-marcus

HUMMMMM... I've ran across this quite recently with a guy MAS280 and I sold some parts to for a guy doing a 5.3L swap into something like a 65 Chevy. Main problem is your gonna want to use the LS1 harness. The LM7 harness will end up with the ECU in the engine compartment, LS1 goes in under the battery into the passenger compartment! Your also gonna need either LS1 or Z06 intake,fuel rails and the balancier. Wiring the Z (s30 right?) is much easier than the RX-7. There used to be a sticky here on this site from MAS280 for wiring. Not hard at all, I watched a member here modify a harness in a couple of hours. Or maybe he will repost it. (be patient he's on vaca this week)

JOEY

P.S. haven't looked at your granny's link yet. but it looks very familiar!

I am aware of some differences between the looms. Based upon the 2002 5.3 truck engine I have.

1. The injector connections are different. The truck's are smaller than the Ls1.

2. The alternator has a different location, so he connector is different.

3. The LS1 harness seems to locate the computer further "down line". That is the LS1 harness seems to be longer that the truck harness.