HybridZ

my next car

Initial Z

ok Im looking for a new car (not nesisarily a Z, although I'm thinking about it) and would like some help deciding on what to get. this is what I want...

I'm a student so my budget is only 3 grand and I don't want to take out a lone(already have enough of those). If this means taking a car with some minor body damage or rust or bad interior then that's ok as long as the mechanics of it are good.

I want a car that's is inherently good at cornering abilaty.

It should have a decent power to what ratio.

plenty of after market parts.

And I cant be spending too much on insurance.

So if you guys could help me out with this that would be great. thanks,

Nate

You might look at a first generation Subaru Impreza, particularly a bottom of the line model. The 5 speed is pretty bullet proof in those, and though they are somewhat gutless with a 1.8L four, they are super light weight. The good news is that all the Impreza platforms, including the WRX, are basically the same, like legos. So much of the aftermarket performance suspension and brake stuff for the WRX will fit without modification. Engine swaps are super easy, assuming you can figure out the wiring. A 2.0L turbo in a light early Impreza would scoot. Plus it will be very insurance friendly and super reliable,as long as you don't overboost it. There are some good Subaru forums, including NASIOC and the Utimate Subaru Message Board, where you can read up on what others have done in the way of mods.

Dave