HybridZ

RB26 injectors

Guest strokerZ

Guest strokerZ

I have done a search and have found a few interesting posts but would appreciate any further feedback regarding stock injectors on an RB26...What is the safe RWHP from stock injectors (without pushing duty cycle to the max). As I understand it the stock 440cc injectors would be good for about 400hp or so? Would the 550cc injectors from the turbo rx7 work( assuming you could find 6)?

To be safe in terms of duty cycle, you shouldn't push it any more than about 1cc/flywheel HP (not to the ground).

IE, the stockers are 444's and are good for around 350-380 wheel. I have 534's on mine and its making around 420 wheel on '91 pump (but I could probably go a bit higher).

I thought RX-7's had two different sizes of injectors.....one large, one small....

There are many sources of injectors for RB's....I prefer Sard. They make them in increments of around 120cc..... top feed stock replacements up to 1000cc.....

i made 353 rwhp with my stock 444cc injectors at stock booste using sds and the injectors were maxed. i upgraded to 680cc injectors and got 392rwhp at 15 PSI booste and the injectors were right at 85% duty cycle.

Depends on what year rx7 you get the injectors from. the fc modle all had 550 injectors and i do believe they were low impedence. you can find them pretty cheap on ebay i would have them cleaned and flow checked at RC eng to ensure you are getting 6 injectors that flow about the same.

Guest strokerZ

Thanks for the replies fellas...Looks like im in the market for new injectors...Will likely try and go for 680's...can always grow into them:twisted: