HybridZ

Electric Fan on MS1 V3

HB280ZT

Hi All,

Well I did a search on this site and the MS site about electric fan control using MS extra and a V3 board but I did not find much. I found that the fan control take off is JS0 for the V3 board and that I could use a circiut like envmyz discribes in this post for the 2.2 board.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=102642&highlight=fan

If someone has more informatin please let me know. I am looking at controlling one 16 inch fan using my MS system. Thanks!

HB280ZT

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

So I guess no one has done this mod yet??

When I get to that point in the build I will post what I did to make a fan work with the MS1 V3 board running Extra code.

I am thinking that it should work the same as with the 2.2 board but use the JS0 output as the input in to the transistor and then to a relay to control the on/off of the fan.

HB280ZT

• 3 weeks later...

No I have not got it working yet. Mostly because I am not to that point in my winter rebuild. I am just now finishing up the body work that I needed to do, ie frame rails and floor pans!! Now I have some electical, engine and transmission work to do. Not to mention the intercooler and other plumbing. So if things work as planned (fat chance) I hope to do the MS in March. Will keep you posted how things go.

HB280ZT

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

Just an update on fan control using MS1 V3 running Extra code 29q2. I utilized the fan circuit mentioned earlier in this post and it works with the V3 board using the JS0 output.

I made the circiut as shown in the extra fan control page and if you wire the relay correctly it will work. However if you mess that up then you will be rewiring and doing you circuit again as I did.

Hope this helps someone out.

HB280ZT

Well I am not quit there yet, I have a 5 cylider car instead of a 6!!

I found a bad injector tonight so now I need to source a new injector before I can continue with the tuning. It never is easy is it!!

Oh well hopefully I can find one so that I can do some tuning before autocross this weekend!!

HB280ZT

• Administrators

Are you utilizing the Relay board?

I’m wanting to use the F-idle relay on my relay board to be the power source for either the fan or the EDIS module. This is a race car so there is no fast idle but and want to make use of the fast idle relay. Is it easy?

BRAAP,

I am using a relay board but I did not route the fan control through there. What I did is add a DB9 to my MS and ran the fan wire from there to an external mounted relay then to the fan.

So far it cools the car very well even though I have a few items in front of the radiator. Like a large air filter, an intercooler, a oil cooler ( not hooked up yet) and my A/C unit. I have not ran the A/C to see how it will affect the cooling of the car, mostly because it will not run right now. Plan on troubleshooting it later next week.

I hope this helps some.

HB280ZT