HybridZ

Biggest Horsepower?

TTLT1383Z

i dont like that question, it's too general

you got LS1, LT1, Wiensors, Crates, Skyline engines, big blocks, small blocks, ugly blocks, lego blocks...

and also that question is relative, but even though an engine may be "big" like a 454, it doesnt mean it's got more power then a twin-charged v6 or even a 3cyl with extensive mods

I think Jap tin has the HP award since he's running low 8's in the quarter, all motor. Turbo's are another deal, Scottie and Hans get my vote there running 9's and low 10's. NOS is yet another kettle of fish, several in the 10's. Then there's superchargers and JNJ racing has that pretty well covered running high 8's and low 9's regularly.

Interestingly enough the fastest z I've ever seen or heard of is SBC powered and all motor. It won't be long though until the LS1's and new LS7's are in the 9's, I just don't think anyone has 1. either got theirs running or 2. started the project yet.

But it's all a function of $$$$$ and knowhow!

this thread is worthless without dyno charts :)

DYNO'S , We don't need no stinking DYNO'S. Take off from treasure of the siera madra. Why worry about a dyno chart? The quarter mile is your dyno. If you went faster and quicker you must have done something right.