HybridZ

How to Ideas for Flush turn Signals

280z1975

If anyone knows of a post that has covered the idea of running the side markers on an early Z car ('75 is my year) let me know.

If not, anyone have any ideas or suggestions of where to start? I really like the curves of my 280z but really feel like the turn signals take away from it's appeal (and a fraction of aerodynamic drag :P ).

My idea so far is to use the existing hole and fill in the screw holes and use some sort of back mounted system with a custom done rubber outter seal. Anyways, any ideas would be greaty welcomed.

-Gregg-

This link was suggested over on classiczcars.com

http://www.powerbear.com/october2k2.htm

It's close to what I want to do.

I think I am just going to find a modern car with the side marker style I like and mod my fenders to fit. It will take some work but will look good on the car. I saw some nice flush ones on a Corvette today!

-Gregg-

I used some early 90's hyndai exel side maker lights. They have the same connector's as the Z's and the mounting size is off by only a 1/8 inch. I little file fit and vioala. They only sit out about a 1/4 inch. I just went to the first post link. Ya. they that easy to put on.

I put Lumina markers in my MSA bumpers and i'm real pleased how they turned out. Totally flush and will look even better if i ever get paint on the WHOLE car, not the two-tone white paint/white primer look.

Here's a pic

2700.jpg

This is all i have up close, just half a light

2698.jpg

Not a small undertaking. Cutting the hole perfect was just the start. I had to 'glass in small brackets on the backside to give some thing for the light to clip into on one end and screw to on the other, but happy with the result.

• 4 weeks later...
I used some early 90's hyndai exel side maker lights. They have the same connector's as the Z's and the mounting size is off by only a 1/8 inch. I little file fit and vioala. They only sit out about a 1/4 inch. I just went to the first post link. Ya. they that easy to put on.

Great! Did you go to a junk yard and pull them? or will i have to go to a hyndai dealership?

my side markers currently work as turn signals right? same with the rear ones?

so the hyndai ones have a bulb also, right?

Great! Did you go to a junk yard and pull them? or will i have to go to a hyndai dealership?

my side markers currently work as turn signals right? same with the rear ones?

so the hyndai ones have a bulb also' date=' right?[/quote']

Yes and yes. Remember to tell the wrecking yard they are side marker reflectors or running lights but NOT turn signals which are bigger and cost a lot more!! Ask me how I know :sour:

I have these Hyundai lights on my car. The only modifcation you have to do is drill a small hole for the screw into the fender sheetmetal since these markers are a little longer than the Z's original ones. They look clean and are better quality IMO. I like 'em.

Davy