HybridZ

ohhh the temptation for a TT sbc

Guest BoostedZ350

I've been thinking about supercharging my sbc instead of the TT setup I was going to go with. Anyone have any ideas on what supercharger setup they would use with a carbed engine?

I've been thinking about supercharging my sbc instead of the TT setup I was going to go with. Anyone have any ideas on what supercharger setup they would use with a carbed engine?

Well carbed has lots of options if you want to put a hole in your hood :/ otherwise the whipple one would work good but its $$$$. Thats what I've gathered.

Guest BoostedZ350

What is the overall height of the whipple if anyone knows right off hand? Plus what kind of gains have people been seeing on SBC with the whipple charger. I know some say 35% more HP then others like the vortec carb s/c say 75% more Hp gain. Jesus 75% on a 475HP motor is like 400Hp more giving you a total of 875HP....this can't be true....can it?

Guest BoostedZ350
one of the locals has his 355 with 10:1 compression, Miniram, and an ATI Procharger with a 15psi pully but he says its only pushing 8-9 and hes also saying hes at 702hp at the flywheel.

So the HP numbers they advertise are true then?

Let me know how it works out for you, I'm still trying to decide if I want to risk buying something not knowing if brackets can be made to fit my application. If anyone has a procharger fit into their engine bay without strut tower bashing please post pics and mabey dimentions of brackets.

**** it I'm going to start a thread to oust procharged people.