HybridZ

Which spark plug?

CantZme

well my z is coming along slowly, but a huge step will be taken as soon as i find out which ngk spark plug to use on my l28et for my setup. The motor is from an 83zx with hydraulic lifters. I will be running msns-extra v2.2 with a t3/t04e not sure on specs(came with the car), fmic with 2.5in cold and hotside. 3indp, 3in exhaust, 437cc/min ford injectors, 60mm tb. I plan on runnning a very conservative tune at about 10-12psi, but would like to turn up boost to 15-17psi with water/meth injection and a new hg. My real question is what spark plug i should use and what i should gap it at...i see so many different opinions and setups that i dont really what to do. Feel free to chime in with any helpful info.

This is just an opinion but I would suggest starting off with the BPR7ES, it is one step colder and set it at about .030. That should do you well enough. The only thing I found is when running with a colder plug is a little bit of miss at idle, it is very subtle.

What I did that corrected this was to install the iridium version of the same NGK plug.

• 2 weeks later...