HybridZ

Dose anyone have the paint code for '72 factory orange

240ZR

I went down to earl schibe to get a price quote on getting my one bad 1/4 panel done, and it was cheap and what not, but they DON'T KNOW THE EFFING PAINT CODE FOR A DATSUN, saying its too old of a car to have the paint codes on record or anything...... (i guess i get what i pay for) so be for i take Trixie to get her new coat of delicious orange and not have it match right i was hoping to find someone that knew it or has a shop book hands that states it.....

PIRATED FROM WWW.ZHOME.COM

1972 Exterior Color Interior Color:

901 Silver Metallic Red

904 White Red

918 Orange Black / White

110 Red White / Black

112 Yellow Black (#112 aka Lime )

113 Green Metallic Brown

114 Brown Metallic Brown

115 Blue Metallic White

so if i go there and tell them orange 918 they are going to know exactly what color it is to mix?

240ZR,

Even if you had the code, the Shibe's or the Maaco's of the world probably don't have a book that goes back that far.

You could find out what they spray their cars with (enamel, base/clearcoat, etc) and ask them if you brought them a pint or quart if they'd spray it (longshot, but maybe). Then go to a Dupont, PPG, or the like paint store and see if they want to take a shot at matching it. My local Dupont guy has the U/V battery powered thing-a-ma-bob that he takes out to the car and puts on a good spot and gets a reading, then goes inside and puts it on the computer and it tells him the ballpark of the color and he goes from there.

Good luck with it.

240ZR' date='

Even if you had the code, the Shibe's or the Maaco's of the world probably don't have a book that goes back that far.

You could find out what they spray their cars with (enamel, base/clearcoat, etc) and ask them if you brought them a pint or quart if they'd spray it (longshot, but maybe). Then go to a Dupont, PPG, or the like paint store and see if they want to take a shot at matching it. My local Dupont guy has the U/V battery powered thing-a-ma-bob that he takes out to the car and puts on a good spot and gets a reading, then goes inside and puts it on the computer and it tells him the ballpark of the color and he goes from there.

Good luck with it.[/quote']

back when i worked at wally world, we had forumals for mixing paint with code numbers of what to mix with the white base .... where can i get there codes for datsun 918? If i get those I know where to get them mixed........

Found this cool websight. Almost every color code from 70-78 and you can click on the thumbnail to see the whole car. How cool is that?

http://zhome.com/History/ZColorGallary/

If i go to the town over from me (30 mi away) in the next day or so, i'll try to remember to stop by my Dupont and PPG guys and see if their books go that far back and get a printout of the makeup of the color.

In answer to the earlier question if you can go to a paint shop and tell them the color code like Light Metalic Blue 305 and they know what you want. There are very few that can still do that. I talked to someone that lives in Orlando Florida and they might be able to get the actually codes with the matching paint mixes. If he does have it I will post it for all. My suggestion is that all that is interested in the true original colors, please find out the amounts to mix the paint to the correct color/colors and then others will have it also. Maybe we can talk the fellow with this sight http://zhome.com/History/ZColorGallary/ to add it in since they have done a very good job with what they have gathered so far.