HybridZ

Ron Davis Radiators...

Jolane

First, if this is not the correct forum, please move it. This information is not specific to a Chevy nor Ford nor other engine swap.

I must say that I am very impressed with Ron Davis radiators! I just received mine last night, and here are the details.

I ordered it last week, I believe it was January 11. I got a 1A-26163. It is a DOUBLE pass, aluminum, 3" thick core x 16" tall x 26" wide. I let them put the filler on as well in the stock location. It is configured for a Chevy install, and both inlet and outlet are on the passenger side. It was made and shipped to me so I could have it in my hands on January 16. I did not ask for express or anything, and expected it to take a few weeks.

This size ends up being a perfect fit. I do not have a radiator cap yet, so I cannot tell whether there will be hood clearance problems, but it does not seem like it. It will not hang below the radiator support, and the core basically fills the open area of the core, with only ~1/2" strips of the tanks on each side showing. The taper at the bottom of the tanks fits great between the frame rails. I am glad I did NOT go with the 24" wide (originally planned) nor the 19" tall.

The craftsmanship looks excellent as well. Very nice welding. Machined billet filler (NOT stamped!). It is engraved with serial number as well. Top notch and perfect for my application.

Finally, the packaging was great! For a total cost of $14.77 it was packed and shipped to me via UPS. The box was filled with the spray foam on the bottom and molded to the shape, then the same on the top. Basically the rad was suspended between the foam pieces, resulting in NO bent fins or other damage.

If you can't tell, I highly recommend them. I spoke with both Bill and Tim, both very helpful people. Price: $289 + shipping (double pass), $239 + shipping (single pass).

Joshua

Is this a Z specific radiator? Or are you going to have to drill the holes and weld the tabs on? I live In Phoenix/Mesa and I have had several of his radiators on other vehicles. Nice stuff but..... more later.....

LETS SEE SOME PIC'ssss!!!!

This is not a Z specific radiator, rather it is just a generic unit that I will weld tabs onto. I just got my rubber mounts today for it, so I can work on that sometime in the next few weeks. I will be rubber mounting it for thermal stress, vibration, and mechanical stress reasons.

As for pictures, nothing to see really that is not on their website at this point.

Just out of curiousity, what is the "Nice stuff but.....more later..." about?

Joshua

I received a quote from Bill today at Ron Davis for the same rad. 1A26163 with upper left & lower right outlets , but with 1 3/8" outlets for my 73 240 L block and it was $344.00 single pass, add $50 for double pass... looks like $51 a hole to mod it. I did a search before i called, and someone had ordered that same setup for $298.00 in the past. I didnt check the date of that post so cant say how long ago that was.