HybridZ

Starter button Wiring

Mr.INSANE

Since im rather new I need to know howto wire this thing upto my ign. And rather should i use the old wire coming of the starter or wire up something new. Most likely i would rather use the old wiring and simply hook up the button. But can someone tell me what to wire up. So far i know the starter wire is black and yellow but i dont know what the other wire should be.

Edit S2000 guide wont work since the button in that guide has three prongs the one i have only has two ignition switch and starter

Not really sure what to tell you as I don't really know what switch you are using and why. However I'll suggest that it is probably easiest to wire it from scratch. Unless that button is really heavy duty I wouldn't run power directly from it to the starter motor. I would set it up to trigger a relay. Allow the relay to send 12v+ from the battery directly to the starter whenever the relay is triggered

What year car do you have? Well if it's a 240 then the power lead would be the white/red wire on th back of the ign switch. You would still need your ign key/switch to provide power to the coil. I wouldn't cut the white/red wire though, just tap off it and connect it to one side of your new switch, and cut the black/yellow line and connect it to the other side of your new switch. That way your key provides power to the coil and you just use the push button for the starter only. When you want to stop the car, just turn off the key like normal.

Guest aallair
Switch is rated to 60 amps What i need to know is what wire from the ignition i need tot ap into to hook the switch up the swithc has two poles starter and ingition. Seems simple

I just bought my Z last week and I don't know anything about its electrical system. That said, a typical starter will pull much more than 60 amps. If you're going through the trouble of re wiring this circuit, then use a relay.

What year car do you have? Well if it's a 240 then the power lead would be the white/red wire on th back of the ign switch. You would still need your ign key/switch to provide power to the coil. I wouldn't cut the white/red wire though, just tap off it and connect it to one side of your new switch, and cut the black/yellow line and connect it to the other side of your new switch. That way your key provides power to the coil and you just use the push button for the starter only. When you want to stop the car, just turn off the key like normal.

280z 76 but the wires seem very similar. thats what i was going todo i just wanted to make sure the black yellow wire is the starter wire white red is the power. Since im baseing the wiring off the old wiring i dont think ill need a relay

yellow and black is the starter wire. it will send out twelve volts in the "start" position. snip that wire, and hold the two ends in your hand. the end that comes out of the switch needs to be the trigger for a relay, the other end of the wire needs to be the "out" from the relay TO the starter. follow the diagram on the relay using a 12V+ keyed source and a good ground. this is the safest most reliable way to do things, the older our cars get the more electrical gremlins will arise, don't make it harder on yourself, do it right the first time.

? That post is really confusing. So your saying that theres two wires coming out of the starter wire. One that sends the 12v to the button and the other sends the 12v to the starter.

How i want the wiring set up is the key most be on the on position to be able to hit the starter button to stop peeps from sitting and draining my battery. I really would like to figure this out for my self.

How bout you tell me what wires go wear and then i think i can understand it. Sorry if im angering you guys with the noobish questions