HybridZ

hood problem

Guest SouthGaZX

Guest SouthGaZX

just picked up #2 out of 3 280z's i gotta pickup.. me and the guy throw the hood on i get it home to check out the engine and all.. see if maybe a minor problem is all thats keeping it from running and the hood wont open... seems we bolted the hood on and had it adjusted too far down.. when you push the release under the hood the arm doesnt move enough to clear the base... the only thing i can figure to do is climb under the car and unbolt the hood (If i can get anything in there to do so) any other suggestions??

Nope, that's how to go about doing it. You unbolt the hood and try to give yourself enough space to manually get the latch to release. Just be extremely careful not to bend a perfectly good hood. I don't envy your predicament one bit.

Davy

you loosen the bolts attaching the hood to the hinges, then moce it around untill you have it the way it should fit, then tighten the bolts. If you need more adjusting then open the hood, loosen the bolts attaching the hinge to the body. You may need to use something to loosen the hinge from the body, I used a paint scraper. adjust it while its open then tighten one bolt on each side in the same location, then close the hood and adjust some more, then tighten.

Darn,someone local! I live in Irwin Co. There is a ZX for sale in Albany when u go in on Hwy 82 at the old theater. There's always cars there for sale. It is priced cheap too. I would snag it but a coworker has a 280Z 2+2 I'm getting instead.