HybridZ

Need info on Fairlady Z RHD.

Trecani

Hey guys, I need to know some info about this car. I've found a 70-something (Never owned a Z car and had about a minute to look at one) Fairlady RHD. Now i'm really, REALLY interested in buying this, I found it in this little industrial area around my place in a shop parking lot with a lot of old cars. (All of them are either dented up, fair-poor condition, and missing some pieces.) It's seems to be in decent condition, behind the seats are filled up with what looks to be old boxes and other crap, paints chipping, panels may have a few dents, but not many, I'm sure theirs rust, I'm on the east coast.

I wanted to ask about buying it tomorow, but I think knowing how much it's worth would do better than just showing up. I'd like to get this as cheap as I can (obviously) I'm actually hoping it doesn't run as I'd like to get it even cheaper. It's a Manual, RHD Z and it's a little beat up, but I, as a 16 year old kid that didn't fall into the RICE or "think I know everything about a muscle car" categories, I think it's sexy as hell.

Edit: Are there any legalization issues with RHD cars?

Please reply, thanks.

I bought a '79 Fairlady 280Z about 4 years ago and sold it last summer. It was brought from Japan in 1996 or so by a guy in the Air force. All that was done to the car for certification was to switch the kph speedo to mph and install DOT glass (from the paper work I got with the car). It was titled in PA since entering the US but was imported through CA.There was a sticker in the drivers door jam stating the car was imported for "owners name", an ID number and I believe the point/date of entry.

Ok, I couldn't go there because it was 7:00 by the time I got out of school. I think it's a 240, the nose is pretty long, and doesn't seem to be as back heavy (fat) as the 260's and 280's (if theres any difference.) Hopefully I'll be able to go by tomorow, if not, then by the weekend. Thanks for the help so far, hope some other members have things to add.

The 240z, 260z, and 280z are nearly identical externally aside from blinker placement and bumpers. If it has turn signals under the front bumper it's a 240z or early 260z. If it has blinkers in the grill and big *** bumpers, it's a late 260z or 280z.

• 1 year later...

MY 76 fairlady is a 5 speed, has non vented hood, and 240 blinkers, and tiny little 240 bumbers.

and from what i've read this is how all the s30's came in japan.

but it also comes with a tiny l20a

I just relized this is an old post

oh well