HybridZ

Incon kit for 240Z....will it fit????

Z24O

hi guys

wanting to know if i will have any problem fitting an incon twin turbo kit on my 302 windsor in my 240Z(right hand drive model)?

mainly want to know if the exhaust manifolds and turbos(gt 28;s) will clear the inner guards and shock towers

any info,opinions and advice appreciated

thanks

It havent seen it done but it woulp probally be easyer to make your own turbo manifolds i had a custom turbo kit on my mustang and i was pushing 613hp at the wheels with a stock bottom end i used bbk shorty headers i put the left one on the right and right one on the left with the bottom to the top facing foward if you are in souther cali near where i live i could go give you a hand

thanks for the replies guys,

cobraz240z thanks for the offer however i am in australia....ah the tyranny of distance,lol

do you have any pics of your BBK conversion,why did you choose that brand of headers,how did the mild steel hold up to the heat in a turbo application,how did you mount the turbos to the socket ball connector on the headers,where in the engine bay were the turbos positioned,did you run water and oil plumbing to the turbos(how),did you intercool it???

many questions i know,hope you can help

paul

oh and do you think no-one has done this kit in a Z because it hasn't been thought of or has been tried and didn't fit.....i kind of think the second one??

Kooks makes some of the best headers you can get for a mustang with port matched mounting plates for spacific heads like afr, edlebrock and such. They are a little steep in price, but you get what you pay for.

Turbo mustangs is an AEWESOME site. They have a huge amount of knowledge and the people there are super friendly. You can actually buy turbo manifolds for the 302 froma few places.

Pro turbo has a set you can buy, here is the link.

http://www.proturbokits.com/store/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=153

Here is the cartech turbo manifolds

http://www.cartech.net/exhaustparts.htm

im sure there are more, but those are the two i know of. hope that helps.

the installation on a mustang is alot harder that it would be in the 240z with the datsun you have so much room in the front that its hard to decide where you want to put the turbo there is so much room i think there is a guy with a 350 chevy twin turbo just copy his design and it will be easy unless you are going to go fuel Injection im going to call the guy i sold my mustang to see if he could e-mail me any pics

by sticking the turbos up front arent they extremely close to the belt? Ive seen many setups like this and always wondered if anyone has had any problems.

I guess eiher way a couple hea shields would sove the problem anyways

and also wondering how mild steel would hold up to the turbo's heat. and I'm assuming those guys just weld on a turbo flange onto the collector of the headers