HybridZ

A/C and Heater Hoses

Bartman

I need some help in trying to determine what I should get for my A/C and heater lines on my Vintage Air install. There are quite a few choices…with a big difference in price. Of course there’s the standard barrier type refrigerant and heater hose lines, then there’s the Aeroquip lines (nylon tube covered with fine braid stainless steel) and fittings, stainless steel A/C and Heater line kit’s, and ‘u-bend em’ aluminum refrigerant and heater lines.

I’m going to need a pretty long run, with several 90 degreee bends, to get from the driver’s side front of the engine down to the framerail, across to the passengers side, along the framerail to the bulkhead, and then up to the bulkhead plate. So upgrading will be pretty expensive.

Any recommendations or advice is appreciated.

Steel-braided lines add HP!

(you knew that was coming!)

Sounds good to me.:)

I guess steel-braided or regular flexible hose is just a personal preference, but when do hard lines come into play? I haven't been able to determine when to use hard lines (if at all). Do you use hard line for long straight runs, or for making nice tight bends? From what I can find the crimping tool to make the beadlock fittings on refrigerant hoses is fairly expensive. Should I just bring my car to an AC place and have them do my hoses?