HybridZ

Nitrous Jet on a Turbo Z...

Guest ON3GO

i always did a 4 to 6inchs away from the t-body on a N/A car for the Nozzels..

but on a turbo car i heard around 8inchs..

now i have my bov around 6inchs or so from my t-body.... should i put it before or after the bov???

any ideas?

mike

I'm beginning to wonder about this myself, If I do end up spraying I would like to keep it as hidden as possible...not that it really matters...I just dont want to see tom much crap in my engine bay.

Mike, did you get a wet system?

I seem to remember people mounting them right at the compressor outlet, but wouldn't that make the nitrous condense in the intercooler? I admit that I know jack about No2, but I've got to try to keep up with Mike somehow :)

I seem to remember people mounting them right at the compressor outlet, but wouldn't that make the nitrous condense in the intercooler? I admit that I know jack about No2, but I've got to try to keep up with Mike somehow :)

I've read you should not install nitrous before the intercooler because it will puddle up and then go into the engine suddenly and make a big boom. Plus since air travels different amount of lengths in the intercooler you could have the nitrous filled air go the short path and the fuel filled air go the long and then boom.

About mounting the nozzle before or after the bov I think it should be before the bov that way after you lift off the throttle the excess nitrous and fuel in the intake tract is blown out instead of just sitting in the intake track waiting intill you open the throttle again. There would be more excess nitrous and fuel in the intake tract then say a n/a engine because even though you have turned the solenoid off by lifting the throttle you still have air pressure/turbo spinning flowing over the nitrous nozzle jet creating a scavenging effect pulling all the nitrous out of lines between the nozzle and the solenoid. But thats my .02 cents. Any other ideas?

ya i have a wet kit from NX sparky...

i think a 100 or so shot at 14-16psi out of my T3 will be plenty.

i was gonna get a T3 with a T4 trim wheel today but i said F it.. im going T51R soon :)

mike

Guest 73Turbo240z

if your venting nitrous and fuel via the BOV your engine bay is going to get messy really quick, and it will become flammable...

wire up the nitrous as it's own engagement item, skip the WOT switch, that way you can kill the nitrous before a shift, just put a button near the steering wheel, hell i thought you had provisions for that already?

i still say skip the single fogger and lets just go direct port...

i cant do direct port just yet, no cash for the fuel/nitrous blocks and lines.

plus i wanna use a different manifold for a direct port kit.

i dont like the push button setup, to much effort. wot setup is much better, just dont powershift as much.

mike