HybridZ

280z l28 distrib

Guest SouthGaZX

Guest SouthGaZX

is it possible for the distributer to be installed off by a tooth or two? i finally got the engine to fire up again... but i have to turn the distributor clockwise so that the hole on the base of the distrib is covered by the left edge of metal that makes up the slot... its like the base needs to be turned 1/4 clockwise so that the cap lines up right... any comments or help would be appreciated

Guest SouthGaZX

does the timing need to be reset? it runs like crap.. i have 2 or 3 AFM's that i've tried.. same results with the black cap off it just kinda floats open and shut.. bouncing back and forth.. i drained the tank.. put fresh gas in (am going to change the fuel filter tomorrow) i just dont get why the cap would have to be turned so far clockwise to get it to run.. unless the rotor isnt pointing at 1 at TDC after i checked the plugs 4 or 5 were wet.. one or two were dry.,. which makes me believe also it could be one or two bad injectors..