HybridZ

240Z fuel injection fuel line setup

EMWHYR0HEN

I have a 71' 240Z and just swapped a RB25DE. AS of right now, im using a Walbro 255LPH external inline pump. My problem is that im using the stock hardlines and if you recall the return line for the 240Z is tiny. There is just too much pressure on the ruturn. As a result, My fuel pressure going into my engine is way too high, causing an unstable idle, and poor throttle response (my guess is that its messing up my Air/Fuel Ratio)

So...

What are my options with out putting in a fuel cell? i really dont want to hack my car up.

I could just put a thicker return line but the inlet on the gas tank for the return is still small.

anyone actually tap a bigger whole in their tank?

options? anyone?

Are you sure that is the problem? Have you measured the pressure in the return line? Checked that its not blocked? Checked that your FPR is working correctly?

I ran another -8 (1/2") line in speedflow pipe for my car and used the stock feed as the return. Bit of work, but I don't have to worry about it now.

Dave

No, the return line is not blocked, i can hear the fuel squirting back into the tank at a very high rate. I checked my FPR, its working fine.

Heres what i did to make sure that this was my problem:

I put my return line directly into a gas canister and ran the engine. There was no pressure on the return line and it ran perfect. ilde was good, and throttle response was instant.

Also, I was told if you add resistance to the return line your FP will increase, which is exactly my problem.

Im thinking of getting an external FPR with a gauge (maybe B&M?) for now. but ultimatly i' d like to fix the problem from the source and not just go around it.

How hard do you think it would be to cut a hole into the tank and tapping or welding a 3/8'' fitting to it?

Thanks, Dave.

That made me think, I know there is a bigger line that is used for a fuel tank vent, I think? it runs down from the tank onto the firewall and onto the driver side of the engine bay. would it be possible to use that for a return and i guess block the vent? haha that doesnt sound like a good idea. anyway, what do you think? possible?

If it ran fine with the return line in a catch can, then I would say that you have a vapor vent issue. It sounds like your tank is under pressure when your running.

There are 4 vent lines on the tank, and if they're the original I'm sure they're shot. I've seen a few of the lines on Ebay, and MSA also has them.