HybridZ

Damn the rain!!

tec280zx

sorry, just got my turbo running but can't really 'get on it' cause its so wet outside. Its a flattop/p90 setup, stock boost, turbo efi, nissan 5 speed, 3.9 rear.

Fun as hell to drive, but can't get it to boost without pitching it sideways. Oh well, just wanted to vent. :2thumbs:

Thanks guys. The dash is a 97 acura gsr. A project put on hold, but it does fit up against the windshield/firewall nicely. Just need to make brackets to hold it in. I won't get back to that for awhile, the turbo swap got me distracted.:burnout:

Anyways, last night I took her out and ran it against my brother new 97 prelude, all the usual bolt ons. I was able to pull about 5 car lengths on him by the time I hit 4th, I fudged the 3 to 4 shift too.:cuss:

Right now I have the 3.9 rear but i'm not sure if thats hurting me or not.

Unfortunately, this morning I go to start the car and now i'm getting a slight metallic sound from the turbo area. :ugg: Its hard to say really, i'm not real familiar with turbos just yet. I pulled the inlet hose off and the blades look fine, to me atleast, and it spins freely. It has a hair of freeplay up and down, but no more than when I first installed it. I just can't decide if I want to rebuild it or upgrade.

Yeah, that makes sense about the lower final drive. The turbo is getting louder, it must have been on its last leg when I installed it. (junkyard turbo). I'm gonna try my other spare one to see if that'll get me by till I can figure out what to do.