HybridZ

Volvo S40(2004)

I know that there is a few turbo volvo guys hanging around here so maybe somebody can help out. G/f's dad has a Volvo, the steering was squeeking and shaking. I added P/S fluid, fixed the problem. A couple days later the same problem showed up, a bit worse though. And this time the P/S fluid isn't low. What could it be? Can anybody think of a common Volvo P/S problem that mite cause this?

I feel that I may have messed it up somehow, but I'm not sure how.

Guest nick_25

i have a 01 S40 and know quite a bit about em. as far as i have learned, it is a common problem for the steering to squeak but not sure on the shaking, might be aligment or something, but i have learned that volvos really only like volvo fluid, they are VERY picky about that and the same goes even for the spark plugs, OEM's work the best..wiered, the tranny fluid is also a sucky part of the volvo, you can ONLY use volvo ATF at 22.00 dollars a quart with a 12 quart flush cap...OoUch!!!...that 264$ just in the fluid...but the best site to find out at is

http://s40concepts.net/

the volvo sites said to use volvo p/s fluid or a similar type of p/s fluid. I did use p/s fluid though, at first I was afraid I used ATF, but I didn't. It was squeeky b4 I added some, and then it was perfectly fine. But a day or so after the problem came back, and then it started shaking.

Wouldn't bad alignment constantly getting worse, and not just go horrible all at once? But sqeeking is a common problem? atleast thats a relief to hear.