HybridZ

just plain funny.

fl327

responded to an ad to a 77 part out, and was in for a suprise, i made them a deal to dispose of the chopped up body for a good price on the parts, i ended up getting all four corners of the suspension, the locks, the ignition switch, relays everything. i hauled off at least 800lbs of z and came back yesterday to make a second trip, and who comes by but the ex owner of the car, and i started asking him about the suspension. turns out he had the calipers replaced with real nissan units stuffed with porterfields, has the dot approved stainless steel lines on all four corners and the clutch too, drilled rotors, brand new aluminum drums, wheel bearings, everything brake wise and suspension on the car had 10k and sixmonths of driving on them!!!!! he had brand new lock cylinders, ignition switch, and hatch locks, i already swapped them all out and love it! i feel safe at long last. im waiting on a shipment of parts related to brakes from rockauto-then im throwing the swiss cheese rotors with the new calipers, im pumped, im waiting on sway bar links and a couple other parts before i stuff the rest of the parts, which will finish this stage of brakes and suspension, next mods, AIR and SPARK specifically, intercooling..................woooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo...

:D:-D:) drilled rotors are funny, slam on em and they make a great sound, car stops a bit better i think now, i dont know whether its the guys porterfields, the new calipers, or the rotors that do it, but my otherwise stock z braking system is pretty good at stopping me now. big sway bar is good for another 10-15 mph corner speed, even with my worn out suspension (the super squat :D ) body roll reduction is very noticed.

didnt use the drums, kept for spares though. brakes and suspension is over with and im happy, now its time for some fmic!