HybridZ

Preparing the engine bay

What should I remove from the engine bay before the mounts are welded in? -- theres lots of wiring left from the L28 -- so I'm assuming all of that, and just leave the battery terminals, and the two sets of two little bottles on the side?

After the welding is done, what should I have it coated in? hi-temp paint? bedliner?

Thanks,

What should I remove from the engine bay before the mounts are welded in? -- theres lots of wiring left from the L28 -- so I'm assuming all of that' date=' and just leave the battery terminals, and the two sets of two little bottles on the side?

After the welding is done, what should I have it coated in? hi-temp paint? bedliner?

Thanks,[/quote']You're welding in your mounts? I removed everything and only put back what I needed. I also got an optima battery behind the passenger's seat and removed the battery tray.

http://mysite.verizon.net/bzandbergen/images/paintedEngineBay.JPG

you dirty bastard! why does yours have to be so much nicer than mine! lol
:lmao: I guess it's just the "while I'm at it" curse. I was just thinking the other day that I painted that engine bay a year ago now, and I still haven't even started the exterior.

:shock:

bolt in? Awesome... JTR's are the ones I'm getting... buddy of mine had his welded in.. lol..

Welded to what? That wouldnt allow you to put the engine in without EXACT alignment on the flanges to block....Maybe he had a different setup...sorry but my brain hurt thinking how that would be....:)

Terry