HybridZ

83 Turbo Ignition Wiring HELP

Zlovemachine

Ok this is were i need your help guys i have read many threads and spent many hours reading this great stuff over and over.

I still have a question about the 8 Prong plug (6 prong plug on 81 harness and pix) by the ECU, i know the answer is there im just over thinking here. I guess i need the extra eyes and brains here!!!

Am i only going to using 2 wirings from 8 prong plug Y & YW?

YW - Yellow/White: goes to the ignitor (I used the LW Blue/White wire that was in the harness to run the signal out to the coil; I used the YW wire between the empty terminal and the y wire) Uncut porstion From ignitor to plug of ignition harness right?

Y – Yellow: is the start signal (I ran a wire to the BY Black/Yellow wire on the 77 harness under the dash) Am I to use start signal off 240z ignition Harness or connect to 83 Black/White wire to ignitor?

Then i have a blue wire from 83 ign. harness thats just floating around, i believe this is tach wire? Does it connect to the NEG. side of coil?

What side of coil connects to distributor?

My referrences:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=103683

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=105103&highlight=coil+trigger

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=99620

Ok i am only lost at the ignition harness plug but does this mean all i have to use the plug for is

Wire 1 - yellow/white wire for ignitor uncut wire!

Wire 2 - solid yellow from ignition plug or black/white wire from ignition harness for the switch 12V. So is the 12v switched power for the plug going into the ECU harness or is it for the ignitor? or is the solid yellow already a 12v switched power that i connect to black/White wire? and finally

Wire 3 - Solid Black Ground wire only if i am using the fuel pump modulator?

Wow 39 people have seen this post 4 days and no help, not even look here dumba$$!

I made same post yesterday at zcar and in 18 hour had a reply!

:( :( :( Hey but dont worry about it guys the other 37 or so guys that might have been interested in this very useful information must have found it somewhere else!!!!!! :icon45::mrgreen::icon44:

I must not be cool enough :violin: ..... (Kicking a rock around right before jumping in front of a speeding 240XZT)

The blue wire does go to the negative side of the coil for the tachometer.

The brown wire is for the positive side of the coil...should be the 12V supply.

I cant remember the yellow wires...do you have a FSM?

I did a 83 turbo swap into my 81, but used a standalone...If I find anything on the yellow wires I'll let you know.

Here is the answer that many people have been looking for when it comes to the 83 tubo ignition harnes:

The Yellow/White which is suppose to be uncut should stay uncut (easier that way). This is the only wire you would use if you are not using the fuel pump modulator. (This is the other plug next to the 8 prong plug that is connected to the ecu harness.)

Now just tap into the Black/White (BW) wires on EFI Relay and Ignitor Plug Both go to a switch source as in the plug that plugs into you ignition switch (Key Hole) on steering colum. Mine happen to be a BW wire also.

There are two more wires one is a blue(L) wire that connects to the tach. The other is Black(B) wire (i think) which run off the BW wire to the ignitor this wire connects to the distributor via a condensor that is grounded.

• 2 years later...