HybridZ

Restoring stock seats ? ? ?

ZsRUSTIN

Hey there, I am looking into rebuilding the stock seats in my '73 240.

I bought the "elastic strap kit" from Too Intense Restoration and now that I have the seat apart I realize that the foam has turned to mush.

Has anyone here rebuilt the stock seats using new foam and new covers from T.I.R. or MSA? How about the leather kits?

I'm just wondering how nice they come out and how much support they have when redone. I figure with the strap kit, foam and new covers you are looking at about $200 per seat. ($300 for leather)

Am I wasting money & time rebuilding the stock seats, or is it worth it?

I have searched, but most posts cover seat swapping from a newer vehicle, and I like the look of the stock ones.

Thanks, Doug

Well Doug, The foam and covers are available form the likes of MSA or Victoria British and likely others as well. Have you tried using the SEARCH function? You will be amazed at the amount of info compiled on just about any subject, regarding Z's. If you can't find your answer here, you may want to try a visit to Classic Zcar Club's site.

Hey Doug!

If you are going for a factory restore I can understand you desire to re-do the Datsun seats. If not, replacement seats are cheaper!

Check out K2 seats or even Nismo. I dumped the factory seats for a really nice pair from K2. The cost difference is worth investigating.

See the link below for some restoration parts anyhow!

Good luck sir!

Twoeightnine.

http://www.datsunrestore.com/catalog.html