HybridZ

little advise please

Hello. this is my first V-8 240z swap and all is going well. I am at the driveshaft/rear end part of the project. I am looking at 400+ hp & torque and wonder if my stock r180 can handle it.? I have yet to order my adapter flange so if it is wise to install a r200 I'll do that first. It is my understanding that they both have different sized pilot.

Thanks.

It might be a good idea, 400 ft/lbs is probably the upper limit of the R180. but it depends on how your going to drive it. Like on drag strip lauches and drag radial tires that have grip. And if you have a manuel of auto for a trans. Auto's are ususally easier on drivelines. The pilot bolt pattern's are different on the 2 diffs. If you do go the R200 route don't forget to get the mustach bar and halfshafts, as well as the drive shaft( for the rear yoke of the driveshaft) to do the conversion.

My 240Z with a 300 rwhp 300 rwTq 350 sbc and 700r4 made mince meat of a 3.54 r180 rear end. It made one pass at the local 1/4 mile track and went boom!

Mike