HybridZ

drove the eagle talon to work today

mobythevan

Got the new commuter car running last night and drove it in today. It had the usual bent valves, slipped timing belt. So I had the head rebuilt and replaced ALL the timing belt components. It seems to be running good now and everything on the car works. Pretty fun for $900 + $650 in repairs. I also noticed it has limited slip AWD. Now I need to get the exhaust swapped and the new IC mounted.

Got the new commuter car running last night and drove it in today. It had the usual bent valves, slipped timing belt. So I had the head rebuilt and replaced ALL the timing belt components. It seems to be running good now and everything on the car works. Pretty fun for $900 + $650 in repairs. I also noticed it has limited slip AWD. Now I need to get the exhaust swapped and the new IC mounted.

I worked for a Jeep/Eagle dealer in about 93 and there had to be at least one of those a week. At least you know the PO enjoyed it! My understanding is the way that failure happens is by taking it to a really high rpm and then letting off the gas suddenly, like when you're at the end of a straightaway and you jump on the brakes to slow for the corner.

Great deal for $1500! :2thumbs: