HybridZ

77 turbo upgrade

nategdizzle

"i kinda figured that i could always put a couple of supplemental injectors in my intake pipe after the intercooler later when i want to get more boost."

I wouldn't to that. That's not a good way to do it. I know, because I had a setup like that on my previous Z... When you come to the point where you want to go beyond what the stock L28ET injectors can handle, I would upgrade the main injectors, and get megasquirt to control it all. Not that expensive.

"Is there such a thing as a cheap wideband o2 mixture setup. i would like to go wideband so i can do a better job on tuning but i dont feel like spending more than $150 or so..should i just go with a narrow band o2 setup?"

A narrow band O2 setup is no good. I also had that on my previous Z. LOL. The response is really slow, so you see the rise and fall in A/F ratio long after it actually occurs.

$200 will get you the Innovate LC1 or what it's called. That is a wideband controller and sensor, but it is without a gauge though. But if you upgrade your engine management you can log it all on the portable computer you will use for the mapping. Not sure how that is done with megasquirt as I am not familiar with it, but I would think megasquirt also has that option? Others will have to chime in on this.

yeah thats what i figured, thanks..i have a few more questions for you guys. Is there such a thing as a cheap wideband o2 mixture setup. i would like to go wideband so i can do a better job on tuning but i dont feel like spending more than $150 or so..should i just go with a narrow band o2 setup? how big of valves can you go with in an n42 head before you have to get new valve seats? i want to push my boost to as much as my zxt injectors will take, but i dont really know what they can take. i think i have heard that around 11psi is when you will start to run out of fuel with them. i was wondering what people thought about that. i kinda figured that i could always put a couple of supplemental injectors in my intake pipe after the intercooler later when i want to get more boost.

If you have a Microtech you should buy some bigger injectors for your setup that way you won't stress the factory ones...I think the Supra 440cc is a common upgrade....or JWT sells some 555cc NISMO's. Not sure you will find a wideband O2 for $150...I am using the Innovate wideband and it is great.

Good luck:icon32:

i just want to be able to turn the boost up to 15 or so every once in awhile and run like 10 or so the rest of the time, i was hoping since i got a msd fuel pump and im making a bigger rail i could get a rising rate fpr i would be able to have the capacity to do this. could i get a big enough injector pulse with my microtech lt-8 to help out as well