HybridZ

Vortec Project

280zwitha383

This will be a long time in the making but I would like to eventually have a megasquirt controlled 5.7l Vortec engine in my '73 240Z. I searched for "Vortec" under the Megasquirt section and it said no matches?!!? So, I was wondering if anyone has done this here and (now I'm sure this is a shot in the dark) if anyone makes a pre-made wiring harness for using MS with the vortec engine. So far all I have is the engine with the intake. I atleast need to get a stock wiring harness so I can begin splicing this thing together. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ~Lance

• 1 year later...

Im not trying to talk you out of MS but with all the GM ECU's like LS1 edit and the like why dont you go with something like that. Its cheap its proven and it should be a plug and play deal. I think there are plenty more that are GM specific ECU's that are cheap and easy, for use with GM V8's and GM wiring harnesses, that might be the reason for lack of response.