HybridZ

Z31 Fuel Pressure Regula8r ?

Does anyone know why the FPR's lead off for the engine coolant temp sensor would be removed and taped off? Was this sometype of performance trick? I noticed it when I was changing the plugs and I was at the spark plug closest to the radiator on the passenger side, and I saw a 1/4" tubing with a wad of electric tape and then a nub of electric wire just sitting there right above the spark plug heading towards the FPR. I looked to see if anything near it was missing a wire and I noticed that the FPR had a black connector on it but no wire. I went to stip the wire some and I actually pulled it out, it was being used to clog a vacumm line secured by the electrical tape. I looked in my manual, and it seams the wires from the FPR run along the plenum, with that I looked again and I saw two individual wires near each other and they were taped off also?

Just wondering if I should hook this back up.

I do have an issue with the car not shifting into OD when its cold or if its hot, I have to put in N, turn it off, turn it back on, then shift to D, and then it goes into OD for the rest of the day or till its cold again :fmad:

Any ideas?

Guest crowbar

The FPR has a fuel temperature sensor built in. I would hook it back up.

You should check the ecu for error codes after hooking it back up. Clear the codes and make sure the error code the sensor hoes away.

An even more important temp sesnor is the cylinder head temp sensor. They often fail over time and its a critical sensor for the car to start and run correctly.

But learn to check the ecu codes first.

Can anyone help me with this issue? I have a Haynes manual which is severely inadequate on the wiring diagram. What color wires are hooked up to the fuel temperature sensor? the two taped off wires I saw were a red one and a green one. It looked like a yellow wire was originally crimped in. Can any one help? If you can scan a better diagram, please email it to me at titaniumUNDERSCOREclawAThotmailDOTcom.

thanks

Rick

UNDERSCORE= _

AT= @

DOT= .