HybridZ

Fidanza Flywheel (scratches,nicks)

oinojo

i just got my fidanza flywheel in the mail today and was wondering if these scratches will affect anything. My digi cam isnt working so ill have to post pics later. They seem to be very fine scratches but some are very visible. I dont think it should cause any failures (heat glazing, etc). These are located right on the surface area where the clutch disc sets.

i just got my fidanza flywheel in the mail today and was wondering if these scratches will affect anything. My digi cam isnt working so ill have to post pics later. They seem to be very fine scratches but some are very visible. I dont think it should cause any failures (heat glazing, etc). These are located right on the surface area where the clutch disc sets.

Is this a new unit or used? If it is a new unit, it is likely that the scratches you see are nothing more than machining marks. If it is a used unit, it may be that the scratches are small surface cracks created from heat (hard use or abuse). Usually, there will be discoloration along with the tiny surface cracks.