HybridZ

Will it be easier to get a new universal harness?

pjo046

When I get to assembling my car again, it will have a TEC3 standalone, all gauges swapped for autometer gauges, the heater will be gone, I will install new headlights and also foglights in the airdam, power locks, a good stereo, electric seats. What will be easiest; Using the stock harness, and modify where needed, or swap out everything for a painless kit or something like that? The stock harness is in good shape, so I don't HAVE to change it. If it's easier to leave it be, I'll do that. But then I guess I will have to do alot of modifications since the L28ET-dynamo is internally regulated? Maybe that part at least will be easier with a new universal harness?

I have searched, so I know what options there are regarding universal harnesses and so on, I am just wondering about what will be easiest. I hate wiring things. :-)

personally, now that I've done the swap...I would just install a new harness. its nice to be able to route everything just where you want, and your using all new components....

although I know how you feel... its one more expense, yet another while "im at it" task, and more down time. its especially hard to justify if you have a perfectly good stock harness...

but trust me...

its totally worth it.

http://www.ezwiring.com